Calyx has been a long term supporter and advocate for open-source technologies with their empowering potential for the library and information management space. Its about harmonizing with the underlying principles of the internet: openness and innovation.
By supporting open-source and collaborating with the Koha project, we are able to deliver cost effective solutions that offer well developed functionality, flexibility and independence.
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS). In use worldwide, its development is steered by a growing community of libraries collaborating to achieve their technology goals. Koha’s impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its user base.
Koha is a full featured integrated library system (ILS). In use worldwide in libraries of all sizes, Koha is a true enterprise-class ILS with comprehensive functionality including basic or advanced options. Koha includes modules for circulation, cataloguing, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more. For a comprehensive overview of features visit the Koha feature map.
- Friendly and intuitive web-based catalogue searching
- Accessible from any web enabled computer
- Powerful self-service tools for patrons
- Circulation, borrower and fees management
- Acquisitions, cataloguing, authority control, serials
- Koha 3.0 is OAI-PMH compatible
- FRBR-style results display
- True n-tier architecture
- Granular permissions in the administration module
- Branch flexibility and control
- Easily create records from scratch or download records from free sources
- Customize record types and locations to match your needs
- Web-based search engine integrates with your existing intranet
- Can easily integrate with existing member’s database
- Manage digital objects
- Reading-level, abstracts, thumbnail cover images
- Full utilization of record metadata
- Incorporate digital resources directly into the catalog results
- Integrated federated searches for databases and other external resources
- Library standards compliance (MARC, Z39.50)
- A powerful full-featured search engine
- Scalability from a thousand to tens of millions of records
- Multiple record formats (MARC, XML, etc.)